Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Stamp Camp Creations

Hi all

Back in the first weekend of December our Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Group - the Stamparoos - held our very first stamp camp held at Swanleigh in the beautiful Swan Valley here in Perth. I had a fantastic time spending quality stamping time with my fellow demostrators!
I was asked by Ngaire, my upline and friend, if I would like to take a class. I offered to show everyone how to do the polished stone technique as I have done this a few times for swaps at Convention and Regionals and everyone always asks me how to do it! I have also done it at many of my workshops and my lovely customers love it, and it is also another way of utilising your reinkers apart from reinking those good old stamp pads. To get instructions on doing the polished stone technique got to the Resources page on Splitcoast Stampers website for full instructions or leave me a comment and I can email you a typed up sheet of instructions.

So after a late night of brain storming ideas I came up with these two cards using stamp sets from the new Summer Mini:
Stamp Sets : Eastern Blooms & Sincere Salutations
Inks : Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red & Basic Black.
Reinkers : Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red & Encore Gold.
Card : Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red & Glossy White.
Polished Stone Needs : Isocol, Cotton Balls, Hairspray/Acrylic Sealer & Small Container.
Accessories : Daubers, Pumpkin Pie and Choc Chip Ribbon, Slot Punch (under flower for ribbon to slot thru!) and Dimensionals.

Stamp Sets : Ocean Commotion (only available in Australia) & Sincere Salutations.
Inks: Versamark, Basic Black & Not Quite Navy.
Reinkers : Not Quite Navy, Taken with Teal and Encore Silver
Card : Kraft (although it doesn't look like it in the photo), Taken with Teal, Basic Black, Not Quite Navy & Glossy White.
The Polished Stone Needs as noted above.
Accessories : Tempting Turqoise Ribbon & Mat Pack/Crafters Tool Kit.

We also had to do a swap card and it is one I sort of cased from the Embrace Life gallery on splitcoast stampers (sorry can't quite remember who it belongs to but thank you for the inspiration).

Stamp Set: Embrace Life.
Inks : Stazon, Rose Red and Regal Rose.
Card: Basic Black, Rose Red, Regal Rose & Whisper White.
Accessories : Aqua Painters, 3.5 cm and 3.2 cm Circle Punches, Word Window Punch, Slot Punch, Regal Rose Wide Grosgrain Ribbon and Stampin' Dimensionals.

Finally, we also had a card competition. I left making my card until the night before camp although I did a dummy run of it on the weekend before after my embossing pen (not a versamark one LOL!) left a blue tinge to my cherry blossom flowers under the clear EP! I cased my card from Michelle Zindorf's website (see link in side bar) under the "At the Lake" Tutorial. Michelle does absolutely wonderful, fantastic, brilliant etc (the list goes on ...) work - especially with her brayering. If I went back to the States again for a holiday, I would go to Ohio and try and meet her and have a lesson with her.

If you would like to know what I used in it, leave a comment and I'll let you know but it is just about basically the same as Michelle's except where she used non Stampin' Up! products I adapted to Stampin' Up! products.

Well off to bed now, I'll catch you again over our long Australia Day long weekend - after I have had High Tea at the Hyatt in the city tomorrow!

Take care
Lynda

2 comments:

Susan Joyce said...

Hi Lynda,

Yaaay that's quite a transformation love the changes to your blog.

Sue XX

Anonymous said...

Wow Lynda, this looks great! I look forward to popping in more often.