Monday, February 2, 2009

Beautiful Bodacious Bouquet

Hi


Here is a card I created a while ago using Bodacious Bouquet stamp set. It was made on a day when I knew what stamp set, technique and colours I wanted to use but for the life of me I couldn't think of a design that I was rapt in. So I went to the current (08/09) Ideas Book & Cattie and flicked through the pages for inspiration for a layout - I found it on page 72 using the Wild Rose stamp set.
The technique I used was the rock ' n roll technique using my sponge daubers to add Ruby Red ink to the flowers after stamping them in Apricot Appeal before stamping them onto glossy white and with the leaves stamped them in Certainly Celery before daubing some Old Olive (my two favourite greens in SU's colours).
Here is what the finished card looks like :
Here is what was used :
Stamp sets : Bodacious Bouquet, Bodacious Jumbo Wheel and Curvy Verses
Inks : Ruby Red, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, Old Oliver, Chocolate Chip & Versamark.
Card : Kraft, Confetti White, Glossy White and Chocolate Chip.
Accessories / Tools : Sponge Daubers, Sponge, Jumbo Wheel, Wheel Guide, Stampin' Dimensionals and Crystal Effects.
I love the end result and also this layout as I have done other cards using this layout since making this card. Just goes to show what a fantastic resource the Cattie is with all the lovely layouts and color combos you can get from it - and yes even us demostrators get ideas from it!
Talk to you soon - take care.
Lynda xox

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lynda, love the new colourful look of your blog. Love the cards too.
hugs xox

Anonymous said...

Keep the ideas coming Lynda,