Monday, August 4, 2008

Getting My Mojo Back Slowly!!

Hi all, well my promise to myself to update my blog weekly failed but I'm back with another update at last. What has happened since my last update I hear you ask - well apart from being busy at work with end of financial year (where everybody wants this done like yesterday!) and also trying to get things done before the boss goes away on holidays this Wednesday, I have also been doing workshops just about every weekend and if I haven't had a workshop I've been getting ready for one or my spring mini open house which I held yesterday (after which I fell asleep on my lounge about 8 o'clock while trying to watch Battle of the Choirs Grand Final!). Plus I also went and saw Mama Mia the movie a few weeks ago and would certainly recommend it - I even went out and bought the CD from Borders where it is only $19.95 and have had it playing in my car (and yes I have been singing along to it - tragic I know)! Finally, I have come down with bit of a cold although it is not too bad at the moment - touch wood it doesn't get worse!

Also I am now one dog less than last time as my mum has arrived back home after her long UK/Europe holiday so Brony is now back home with mum - but have to add she did give mum the cold shoulder for a couple of days after she got back. I think Bella is quite glad to have me all to herself again so that she gets the attention instead of miss jealous (aka brony) pushing her way in, and she can play ball or with one of her Santa toys again without Brony barking at her!

Here are some cards that I've done recently.

The first is a sympathy card for my boss after his mum passed away the other weekend. It is cased from a card that I received as a swap at our first Australian Stampin' Up! Convention last year (sorry can't remember who it was at the moment as my album that has my '07 convention swaps in it is at my mum's) .

Here is what I used :

Card : River Rock, Purely Pomegranate, Old Olive and Naturals Ivory.

Stamp Pads : Old Olive, Purely Pomegranate and Versamark.
Stamp Sets / Wheels : Watercolour Vine Jumbo Wheel, Friendship Flowers & Warmest Regards.
Accessories : Jumbo Wheel Handle, Sponge, Large Oval Punch, The Tearing Edge and Stampin' Dimensionals.

Here are the two cards that I had for my Sping Mini Open House yesterday.

My first one is one that my mum came up with and it is something that is out of her comfort zone in terms of colours (she is more into the tone on tone colour schemes). Here is what she used:

Card : Whisper White, Brilliant Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi and Jersey Shore Designer Series Paper.

Stamp Pads : Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue and Wild Wasabi.
Stamp Set : One of a Kind.
Accessories : Boho Blossoms Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Round Tab Punch, Wild Wasabi Double Stitched Ribbon and Stampin' Dimensionals.

The second card for the open house was cased from mytime's gallery on Splitcoast Stampers and here is what I used:

Card : Whisper White and River Rock.
Stamp Pads : Whisper White Craft and River Rock.
Stamp Set : Season of Joy.
Accessories : Whisper White 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Gold Cord (wishing it was still in the current cattie), 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1/15" Handheld Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals and a little gold star brad.

Some of my customers even stamped the Merry Christmas stamp from Seasons of Joy underneath the trees in River Rock.

I will post some more of my cards on here hopefully on Friday if I get the day off work, but I hope you like the ones that I have posted tonight and you get some ideas from them.
Talk to you soon but in the meantime, take care and try to keep warm during this cold Winter.
Lynda

No comments: