Sunday, August 10, 2008

Productive Weekend!!

Hi all, I know I didn't post on Friday but I got all the necessary things that I normally get done on a weekend - housework, food shopping, washing etc, and also delivered a couple of workshop orders to my hostesses the other end of the city, out of the way on Friday so that I could spend the weekend stamping. Must admit it was nice to get a day off from work so that I could get that all out of the way so that I could have a nice enjoyable weekend stamping! I also got ready for my workshop next weekend and my big stamping weekend in two weeks down at my cousin's place at Grass Patch (where's that you ask - well it is approx 45 minutes north of Esperance (on the south coast of WA) on the way up to Norseman and/or Kalgoorlie and is about an 8 to 9 hour drive from Perth!).

So here are some of the cards that I've made (some of which are for my Grass Patch weekend):


This is a card that I've cased from a card I received from my friend and follow SU demonstrator Esther last year. As soon as I saw it I thought it looked really classy and knew I would have to have a go at it. I finally got around to it this weekend but when I was doing it I did the boo boo of forgetting to use my embossing buddy to wipe over the card before I started - the end result was that I had Dazzling Diamonds all over the card where it wasn't meant to be. But I did manage to get most of the it off! Here is what I used :

Card : Whisper White and Night of Navy
Inks : Versamark and Night of Navy
Stamp Set / Wheel : Many Merry Messages & Scribble Jumbo Wheel
Accessories : Jumbo Handle, Wheel Guide, Embossing Buddy, Heat Stick Powder, Dazzing Diamonds, Heat Gun & Stamp-a-ma-jig.

My second card is using a set that I originally wasn't going to buy from the new cattie but after seeing quite a few cards using it I ended up buying it. Here is what I used:
Card : Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel and Very Vanilla.
Inks : Soft Sky & Chocolate Chip.
Stamp Sets : Wanted and Basic Phases.
Accessories : Crop-a-dile, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Scallop Circle Punch, Brads & Cutter Kit (or Scissors).

My next one is using one of the sets from the new Spring Mini and also includes the faux tearing background technique. I coloured in the rose using my blender pen and the ink lifted off the stamp pad lids after squeezing the pads. What I used is :

Card : Purely Pomegranate, Naturals Ivory & Kraft.
Inks : Sahara Sand, Stazon Black, Purely Pomegranate, Old Olive and Garden Green.
Stamp Sets : Bloomin' with Beauty, French Script (from old Cattie) and Basic Phases.
Accessories : Sponges, Scrap Paper, Crop-a-dile, Eyelets, Blender Pen and Word Window Punch.

Here is another Chrissy one for you and I've stamped up the holly image with my markers. here is what I've used :

Card : River Rock, Purely Pomegranate, Old Olive and Whisper White.
Inks : Versamark.
Stamp Set : Peaceful Wishes.
Accessories : Rich Regals & Earth Elements Markers, Gold Cord, Embossing Buddy, Gold EP & Heat Gun.
My mum also had a play and after I showed her how to do Black Magic, she gave it a burl and came up with this card. Here is what she used:
Card : Orchid Opulence (not one of her favourite colours LOL) and Basic Black.
Ink : Whisper White Craft and Basic Black.
Stamp Sets : Petal Prints (one of her favourites) and Basic Phases.
Accessories : Heat Gun, SU's Watercolour Pencils, White Gel Pen, Oval Punch and Silver Organza Ribbon.

Well that is just a few of the cards that were made over the past two days - hope you liked them.

I'll leave you with this cute photo of the two Bs (Bella & Brony) that I found while I was uploading my most recent photos. Found them like this one day (when Bron was still staying with me) after walking down towards my bedroom so I managed to go get my camera and take a photo without them moving a muscle from the time I first saw them sitting there to when I took the photo (normally Bell would've got up and followed me - she must've been watching out for one of the many kitties in my neighbourhood!)

Have a great week everyone!
Lynda

No comments: